I got together with an emerging photographer for a one-on-one mentor session the other day to teach her some of my portrait photography techniques. She wanted to learn what settings to use, how to use light and what’s needed to make photos “pop”. Part of the mentor session involved having a family come pose for us so that I could demonstrate my techniques in real life. The lovely Simpson family stepped up to the plate and did amazingly well! They smiled, posed and also took my “posing candids” directions very well. It may not have felt like a normal portrait session (I didn’t get as many shots as I normally would because I was also teaching!) but we got some great ones thanks to the Simpsons being so patient and easy-going. Here’s the preview from our time at St. Vital Park!
Recently on the blog…
- Lifestyle Maternity & Family Portraits at Home March 18, 2023
- Sav and Rob’s Wedding at FortWhyte Alive March 16, 2023
- Fall Family Photos at Birds Hill Park November 14, 2022
- Now booking: Styled Winter Mini Sessions October 5, 2022
- Kate Bowler: Headshots September 22, 2022
- Styled Images for Almond Nail Bar: Winnipeg Photography July 18, 2022